Welcome on DELF-DALF's website!
DELF-DALF : diplomas to validate your French learning
DELF (Diplôme d'Etudes en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are the only French as a foreign language diplomas issued by the French Ministry of Education. They are valid for life and are recognized worldwide. They allow you to officially validate your French learning. These diplomas constitute a recognition of your school, university and/or professional background in French language. Moreover DELF and DALF allows you to study, work and immigrate in a French-speaking country.
DELF-DALF: diplomas adapted to your level
DELF, DALF or DILF (Diplôme Initial de Langue Française) are calibrated according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Therefore, among these degrees, there are 7 levels allowing you to validate your french learning according to your progress in the learning process of the French language:
- Level A1.1 (DILF and DELF prim)
- Level A1 (DELF Prim, DELF junior version, DELF for schools, DELF and DELF Pro)
- Level A2 (DELF Prim, DELF junior version, DELF for schools, DELF and DELF Pro)
- Level B1 (DELF junior version, DELF for schools, DELF et DELF Pro)
- Level B2 (DELF junior version, DELF for schools, DELF and DELF Pro)
- Level C1 (DALF)
- Level C2 (DALF)
DILF-DELF-DALF: diplomas adapted to your age, situation and expectations
- DILF is targeting the older beginner and the freshly arrived in France. It assesses the first knowledge in French (level A1.1). DILF is a first step toward DELF and DALF. Please note that DILF is only available on French territory.
- DELF Prim is intended for the children aged from 7 to 11 years old in elementary school. DELF Prim is divided into 3 levels: A1.1, A1 and A2. Based on a very positive and non-sanctioning evaluation, it is perfect to stimulate and motivate the children in the learning process of the French language.
- DELF junior version and DELF for schools are intended for teenagers aged between 12 and 18 years old in-middle school and high-school. DELF junior version and DELF for schools divided into 4 levels: A1, A2, B1 and B2. It is a big step for the teenagers in their process of French learning and validate officially their abilities for French language.
- DELF Pro is intended for the students or workers which goal is to integrate or to be promoted in France or in a French-speaking environment. DELF Pro is divided into 4 levels : A1, A2, B1 and B2. It is a big advantage for people willing to integrate or evolve in the French-speaking working system.
- DELF is made for everyone learning the French language from 18 to 77 (or more) who wishes to validate officially and sustainably their learning of the French language. It is divided into 4 levels: A1, A2, B1 and B2.
- DALF is targeting adults either at university or working. DALF is divided into 2 levels: C1 and C2, the highest levels. DALF C1 and C2 form the best diplomas of French language. The acquisition of a DALF is the proof that one masters the French language.
Summary of the DILF, DELF and DALF by itemisation
DELF junior version and DELF for schools